Wednesday, February 26, 2014

#SELFIES IN THE RAIN

~DRESS2DISTRESS REUNITED IN THE FLESH~
##DOUBLE OOTD##
| sweater - thrifted | skirt - street fair vendor | socks - Target | shoes - YesShoes [Solestruck] | hat - thrifted |
Flats : Qupid | Tights : Target | Skirt : Urban Outfitters | Top : ?? It's just a generic black tee | Jacket : Loft | Cheesy Grin: PRICELESS(ly awkward) 


*the classic Emma laugh*
"I am beautiful…in every single way… words can't bring me-ee down.." 



We ended up not thrifting or dress shopping, but we hit up Ulta, swatching it up like a big-shot persons-who-understand-makeups and going home with happy little hauls!

I capitulate- Sarah wins this round with her superior swatch-age. 

We went to Ulta.

Hope you enjoy these OOTDs from our little D2D Day! I tried to muster up an outfit optimal for oreoball-making, potential shopping, and involving knee socks (because I like them). As I tried to reach a balance of being easy clean and easy to slip in and out of during shopping and being comfortable, I ended up wearing this: my favorite skirt I got from a vendor at our city's biannual Texas Street Maker's Fair (vendor: Come & See), my favorite cashmere sweater I got from Goodwill last year (not that easy to clean but so comfy it overrides), a pair of trusty over-the-knee Target socks in gray, my scary spiked shoes, and my Goodwill thrifted hat.

After spending the past month convalescing from having my wisdom teeth out ("Are the boobies extinct?!") aka wondering when my jaw will look perfectly normal again, I have taken to laying around and, thus, forgetting what "real people" wear "outside." After being forced to then switch tracks and dress for college interviews, my "chic" side has been running pretty dry for the time being. I've been opting for comfort and a versatile attire that will allow me to brave this ridiculously capricious Louisiana weather. I felt as if the happy print on the skirt would make up for my more somber soul. I've really been into dousing myself in black textiles lately. Though! I feel myself emerging from the cocoon, just in time for….

(WITHOUT FURTHER ADO, THE MEAT OF THIS POST…)



D2D has been having a dry spell lately... Dashes of blog posts here and there, and ...oh yeah, there's a youtube channel?

But friends, now is the time for change! Firstly I'd personally like to chalk things up to cold-weathered malaise, but let it be known, last weekend we braved the dreary rainy weather to fulfill some ~blogger~ plans. ANNNDD PLAN WE DID. We've got big plans in store for the place so LOOK FORWARD TO CONTENT. And now, this is BASICALLY an E-CONTRACT. AND THIS POST SHOULD HOLD US ACCOUNTABLE TO OUR WORD. So again, GET READY INTERNET~*~~


No comments:

Post a Comment