Sunday, February 23, 2014

Prepped and Ready to Go

You guys. This is quite possibly the best picture that I've ever taken. Like if I had a portfolio of photography, this would be the only thing in it. Then everyone would think I'm the biggest narcissist, and like ok sure, fair enough, but tbh I'm just terrible at taking photos. This is the only picture I've been proud of taking. End self-congratulatory praise-rant.

now for the ~deets~:
| shirt - F21 | hoodie - H&M | blazer - thrifted | socks - ASOS | necklaces - UO | shoes - Jeffrey Campbell |
























*~Close up details~*























It's the dead of winter, but the weather still crazy in Shreveport. This was a lovely 70 degree day when I felt particularly layer-y.

I started with a classic silhouette with my burgundy a-line skirt and b&w striped shirt, so I could really feature my new over-the-knee socks with a sheer panel which gave a slightly sporty vibe. I love the look of a boy's prep school from the blazer, and I felt like the hoodie enhanced it to a "boarding school sport team" feel. I feel like I should be playing...rugby or lacrosse or... polo. Or something, I don't know what rich white boys do in their spare time, probably hire a stylist to look like a mini-senator. Tangent aside, I felt like (my dad had) a million bucks. (OK last rich kid joke!)

Also I feel slightly hypocritical segueing that into talking about my shoes. They're called the Melinas by Jeffery Campbell and they weren't cheap, but after scheming on them since circa last September (inspiration spawning from my Fall'13 Lust List), I feel like they've been a long overdue wardrobe addition. I could go on and on (and TRUST, I PLAN ON DOING SO), so I'll save it for a new post dedicated to them.

xox, sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment