Sunday, September 29, 2013

Humble Autumnal Beginnings

whoa... it's not 90+ degrees out?
shirt: Zara | skirt: Target | blazer: mom's closet | loafers: Salvation Army | beanie: Target
details, details...
3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Mini Satchel | Revlon's Wine Not | Medusa's Electro Red eye shadow
one of my favorite thrift finds!

Whoa, you feeling that autumn chill like we are here? By chill, I mean's like 89 degrees compared to 100. But, that still counts as being in the 80s, so here come the beanies and blazers!
This is my mom's old blazer I dug up, and I really dig colors and the structured, boarding school vibe in general. I thought it paired well with this weird eye tank, and throwing on a simple black and white bodycon skirt would add to the pattern play [nothing I love more than pattern pairing!] but staying monochromatic to not totally overload the senses.
I wore my red loafers that I think complimented the thin red stripes in the blazer and the overall schoolgirl feel. I was happy with the end result but I've been in the mood for more modern, streamlined style lately though, so I wished I had some simple black boots. I mean, I *do* have a pair of black boots... and it kills me to spend money on duplicates in my wardrobe... buuut I think an ankle boot that hit lower would be more casual and versatile and fit the sleek style I'm vibing for!
I put a list together for a possible investment in the future.


xo- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment