Saturday, November 9, 2013

Ready, Set, No



| dress worn as top - h&m | skirt - thrifted | sweater - American Eagle (gift!) | shoes - Jeffrey Campbell |


I wore this outfit for a casual/but still looking nice situation that didn't even pan out in the end. I was invited to help give a tour of the school to a finalist for the new school board superintendent, and I was low key panicking on what to wear. For me, outfits set the tone for the day. How I choose to present myself affects the mood I'm in, and the day before, in the back of my mind, I was in constant search of finding the optimal outfit.
I was looking for nice in the words of my beloved principal, whatever that broad idea meant exactly. I finally decided on this blanket-like flannel A-line midi skirt (that keeps me super insulated!) which would guarantee me in the school-appropriate zone in terms of hemlines. I wore an H&M dress I got from a big garage sale as a shirt to keep the outfit interesting with different patterns. Then I tossed on a wool cardigan which happened to match perfectly with the color some of the stripes in the skirt! School-appropriate and still sticking to my style, optimal outfit achieved. But it turns out, the finalist cancelled on us and others forgot to inform me. *womp womp*
This has been my small anecdote of the day. I guess better completely ready but canceled, than not ready and having to put something mediocre together. At least I got a cute outfit out of it!

xo- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment