Sunday, November 3, 2013

Mime Rebellion


 After slaving over the SAT and college applications for the past few weeks, my friends finally convinced me to have an "anti-homecoming" night out. It was completely worth it.


a successful night with friends
 However, I was feeling pretty lethargic after waking before sunrise, frying my brain, and then working for about four hours, so it took a lot of convincing to get dressed. You know how it is. Don't pretend that you don't. Luckily, after calling Sarah and whining, "Do I really have to get dressed?" I did.  Hearing her cajoling as she baked brownies (multitasking queen), I vowed to not put on real pants and to dress comfortably.
Jumper- JC Penny's | Earrings- Francesca's

My bare face felt nice, but, hey, I was ready for something a little zestier than college applications. So I threw together the look I present you with now! 
I felt like adding bold color and some entrancing eye dots to my monochromatic ensemble would do nicely. Yay for last-minute experiments!
A closed-eye view.

dead-on deadpan



Eyeshadow- Maybelline Eye Studio Color Tatto 24 HR Cream Gel Shadow in "Edgy Emerald" | Eyeliner - Revlon Colorstay Cream Gel Liner in Black | Mascara - Maybelline's  "The Mega Plush Volum Express " waterproof/hydrofuge | Lips- Cherry EOS (my go-to lip balm)
 I am a HUGE fan of the Maybelline Color Tattoo eye shadows. Sarah actually introduced them to me this summer. I wear their pink color for everyday school looks and it lasts all day without smudging or clumping in the creases of my lids. The green color is much harder to build up, but once I applied three or so coats I was impressed with its longevity. All of these pictures were taken at least 8 hours after application, choking on a brownie and nearly dying, and sitting in the cold night air. (Yes, I really did choke on a brownie and almost die. Thank goodness for friends who have an approximate knowledge of the Heimlich Maneuver.)


I wanted to keep the eyes as the focal point, so no lips or brows went into this look. 

BUT WAIT. There has to be some sort of ridiculous funny-faced collage on here...
Ah, much better. 
I know this hasn't been a real OOTD. Maybe I should get a makeup of the day thing going? Hm.
Till next time, Emmaline ~ c:

No comments:

Post a Comment