Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Feline Fancy (or at least somewhat)


Hello, loves! Here is a quick OOTD for you. I've been feeling super monochromatic lately. That is to say I just feel like decking myself out in black from head to toe and lurking on the periphery of things. So it goes! But, thank goodness, I've had enough prints to keep the wardrobe versatile yet. Besides, who doesn't like cats??? (okay, admittedly, yeah, probably many, many people...)

Skirt- Cooperative | Tights-  Target | Top- Loft | Necklace- thrifted
The skit is fun and flared but not too "flippy."

Necklace details ~ I wear this one quite often- too often, really...

The barette. I really wish I knew where it's from. My grandmother handed it down to me.
-Accessory In Action-
 BUT IT GETS BETTER.
AKA this skirt has POCKETS. I feel very passionately about pockets. It seems like we ladys get especially shortchanged in the pocket department these days, so sinking my hands into the folds of this skirt elicited undiluted bliss!


IT GETS BETTER.

I like to look for little, unique details that sets clothing apart. The buttons on the left sleeve of my dotted shirt have always caught my eye as a subtle touch of refinery. I was really lucky to find a skirt (with such a wicked print, firstly! meow!) that buttoned down the front- with practically the same buttons!


Buttons on the skirt accompanied by my necklace to the right

not quite an epaulet, but still pretty neat.

The buttons were so similar!

Rare tech note: I acquired some lighting! Yippee!
Aha! I forgot to remove my glasses from my head for this shot. I'm posting it as a tribute to the work I've been doing. Nine times out of ten during a tough school week I'll walk around like this. I've even developed a weird phantom syndrome. I can kind of feel them on my head right now, actually... Hahah!



Tuesdays are always exhausting for me, what with my studio art class.  With this, I bid you adieu. I'm falling asleep typing...



Until post time meanders into my mind,
Love from,
Emmaline c:

No comments:

Post a Comment