Saturday, October 19, 2013

Retro Dresses and Retrospective


| eyeliner - Urban Decay's El Dorado, Elf's Essential Liquid Liner in Black and Gold Glitter |

| nails - Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy in Supernova (the gray end) & Essie's Lapis of Luxury |





| dress - ModCloth | headband - ModCloth gift | shoes - Jeffrey Campbell Logans |

Balloons. Hot air balloons, that is. On a freakin' dress, man!
How could I not shell out the dough for this ModCloth exclusive?!

That was my initial reaction when they first released this in the spring of this year. I've had the greatest penchant for all things balloons - regular balloons, hot air balloons, balloon animals, balloon movies (Up counts), etc. What I'm trying to say is, extreme balloon-lover here.

Also I'm an avid online shopper with ModCloth being one of my top favorites sites to visit. I've been stalking this dress since April-ish, but nowadays my style has been kinda leaning toward more stream-lined, fresh, minimalist style, basically less quirky than my usual self. And as you can tell from the smiling hot air balloons and blackbirds on the 1950s inspired silhouette, this dress is definitely not minimalistic. I used to be ALL ABOUT novelty print everything and anything and as much as I used to yearn for this dress (it even has pockets!), I had a gut feeling that I really couldn't justify keeping it given the price tag ($75, but I paid $60 with a coupon, shout out to retailmenot.com!).

So I sent it back, but before that I took a few pics for documentation purposes. I wore it with a candy-canesque headband that came as a gift from ModCloth (a nice touch that the company does!) and my trusty Jeffrey Campbell Logans. 

Anyone else going through style transitions?
xo- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment