Sunday, October 20, 2013

Hue Fragmentation and Svelte Indulgence - & A Milestone of Sorts! - OOTD

On Emma: sweater - UO | pants - Target | shoes - gifted | necklace - 18th b-day gift! |
On Sarah: sweater - thrifted | pants - gifted | shoes - Seychelle's Music to My Ears | necklace - UO |

Note the dainty necklace synergy.
~whoosh~
The selfies... They continue.

But...but of course?
As fashion blogging partners, I was awaiting this kind of event. After a milestone summer of solidifying female friendships (aka - swapping clothes, that's top level trust there),  we have learned each other's tastes and traded and borrowed from one another's closets. Now another fashion/friendship breakthrough. Corresponding outfits! Unplanned in all it's glory, which explains the low quality iPhone pics. Our apologies but the documentation together was necessary.

This was all true. It was utterly necessary. While Sarah may have been awaiting such an event, it took me blissfully unawares! It was a physical symbol of what a fantastic day it was indeed. (And what a pillar of friendship we have solidified these past months.)

That day we both followed the same outfit equation = (sweater) + (printed pants) + (dainty necklace)
Also this obviously called for gratuitous amounts of pictures. Also, dear Emma turned 18 recently and the opal necklace was a gift from our friend Kelly, Phuong, Jacob, and me c:

My friends are obviously the best. They'd riddled me with vague hints and awkward impasses in conversations for weeks. "Did you bring the money?" I'd overhear, quizzically inquire, "Money for what?" This would cause the firing off of the most inane answers like "DORITOS!!!" and they would proceed to stolidly ignore my further protests. But it all came to fruition, as you can see. ^_^ I have always had a quirky fascination with opals. They're also my birth stones! So to have them remember this tiny facet of a detail and to act upon it was touching in the extreme. I may have teared up in World Geography...nbd.

HAH. Doritos, classic.

xo- Sarah & Emmaline 


P.S. Keep on eye out for more on Emma's new hair and my new heels coming up soooon! And my new purse! whee~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment