Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Cheap Frills

| dress - Ryu | blazer - thrifted | oxfords - gift |






Ryu is a brand that I'm a big fan of; all of their dressed are so pretty and whimsically detailed! Just check out that large crochet shoulder overlay, that sheer pleated tulle, that lace trim, ugh - Ryu never fails to enchant with its detail. Their prices range on more of the higher side, so I was super excited when I scored this dress from a garage sale that a group of senior girls put on last spring after their graduation. (shout to Brittany's closet ^^) It's a little too precious and frilly for my taste on its own, but for 10 bucks, I couldn't possibly pass it up. Plus with the right balance of masculine and feminine, I felt comfortable enough in the style to wear to school! 
I paired the dress with a thrifted blazer which was a steal since it was actually a little boy's blazer (thrift tip: check your children sections!) To add more of a masculine spin, I wore my neutral oxfords, a hand-me-down gift from our friend Staveley c:
This entire outfit totaled less than $15, with details that (in my opinion) are worth a million bucks *insert generic rimshot*


xo- Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment