Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Flower Children - A Study in Purple




Hello, my wee petunias! I do hope all is well with ye lately!

Personally, I've been a bit inundated by sheer...LIFE.


on the way to film at 6:00 am (bagsbagsbags)
A nice montage of art academy: top left - the studio | top right- a friend and me | bottom left - a painting I did of a clay study | bottom right - filming the stop motion film 

Last week I had the most amazing opportunity to study at the Meadows Academy for Young Artists on SMU campus in Dallas, Texas. I grew so much as an artist and was surrounded by the nicest, most convivial, helpful, and inspiring people, including a sculptor that just graduated from grad school there and an adjunct professor. I learned more that week than I have all summer! (Take that, summer reading! Hyah! {but really...I should probably do that...}) Exploring the DMA and the Nasher was also quite the experience. Ancient Greek sculpture loaned from the British National Museum and a live outdoor (free!) performance by Griffin House, a band I had previously never heard of, were the highlights of my adventuring. He was so kind and generous! Man, I just love people who remind me that people are loveable. C;

I did quite miss seeing dear Brooklyn's show, though. She's a very good friend of mine and if you haven't read Sarah's post about it, then I suggest you go forth and allow your eyes to absorb the glory, my friend! It shan't be disappointing.




Tonight we went out to a lovely hibachi dinner. I decided to play with shades of purple. I wish the light had caught the iridescence in the purple pants as well! Should have taken some shots with the shirt tucked in, too. The next outfit-based post will definitely have pictures taken specifically for the post. C: What better way to complement the silk shirt with a textured gold bomber? Then halfway through the dinner I realized I probably looked like an LSU fanatic. Darn you Louisianaaaaa. *shakes fist* p.s. if you look closely you can see my kitty.
A few photos of us reveling in height differences. I don't think I'll ever grow taller, but I'm content to forever remain a hobbit. top- gift | bottoms - The Spotted Zebra | jacket - gift | shoes - Tevas (comfort, baby)
On me : headband - Delia's | dress - Target | cicada necklace - local thrift | lips - cherry chapstick

This week, a very old friend of mine is staying with me, so we've been goofing around Shreveport. Many high school age whiners around here like to complain about how there isn't anything to doooo hereeee, but I'd like to explain to you that that is complete cow patties! I love my quirky, nasty, irrationally artsy-ish city and I certainly find so many ways to keep myself busy that I can hardly force myself to have a day in.

~being dorks~
 I've been trying out some new makeup looks lately. I picked up a few new mascaras in Dallas so I'll make a post about them soon!

Until next time- Emmaline c:

p.s. yes.... the title is a BBC Sherlock reference. Good job, proud of you c;











No comments:

Post a Comment