Monday, July 29, 2013

Gridded Clouds

Dress - Very J | Shoes - Tevas (comfort, man) | Cami - American Eagle | Jacket - Goodwill | Tourmaline Bracelet - gift | Necklace - thrifted | Purse -Fossil | Lips- e.l.f.'s "cherry tart"


I threw on a lightweight summer dress for a meeting, movie at the local theatre downtown, and an art opening. Afterwards, we even hit up the local duck pond/ play ground. Versatility is key!




The chiffon material of this dress was light enough to keep me from sweating too much in the 100 degree heat index, but thick enough to keep me warm in the cold, air-conditioned theatre. (I get cold frustratingly easily!) My arms got a bit chilly, however, but that's where this cozy jacket came in! The warm colors in the jacket were a nice offset to the cloudy baby blues and soft eggshell whites of the dress. The structured grid (It's not quite plaid) pattern, although muted, was also nice, as most of the outfit was soft and flowy. It worked with the angles of the sandal straps as well. 

The main problem I encountered with this outfit was how sheer the dress was! Throwing on a cami underneath was a given, but even the skirt part of the dress is see-through. I actually don't own a slip, so I had to improvise. I snipped the elastic built-in bra out of another cream cami and wore it as a skirt, tucking the straps under the blue waistband of the dress so they wouldn't create lumps. I hate built-in bras anyway, so it was fun! C:


Makeup and Jacket close-ups


Top- friends and strangers peruse the art opening
Bottom- insects from an exhibit about the concept art for the move "Epic"

I hope everyone is doing well! 
The movie we saw was called "Kings of Summer." I highly recommend it! The plot is wonderful and I loved the messiness of the interactions between the characters, especially Joe and Patrick. Not to mention Joe's relationship with his father! The witty banter was throttling. Absolutely spot-on with the tempo, in my opinion. And Bellaggio! What a character. I feel like my friends view me a little like Bellaggio sometimes. It's hard for me to find a comedy that really appeals to my odd sense of humor, but this movie definitely won me over and had me cackling. 

Anyway.

Frolic, my sunflowers!

Nigh, I'm sure! - Emmaline










No comments:

Post a Comment